I've never hosted Thanksgiving dinner before so, in turn, I've never experienced the stress of cooking a feast such as it is. YEAH RIGHT! We all know that Mom stress on Thanksgiving Day is everyone's stress. Let's help Mom lighten the load and grab a dish or two from one of the many restaurants offering takeout options in Boston. Here is my Salty 6 lowdown on the best menus cooking up (NOT in my kitchen):
- Cheese and corn fondue, cauliflower, leeks
- Sweet potato pide, feta, tahini, pepitas
- Caramelized onion jam - bacon, dates, poppy seeds
- Walnut baklava strudel, caramelized pears
Kendall Square, Cambridge
Think: homey Jewish deli with an upgraded, contemporary feel.
Thanksgiving Day catering: desserts and sides
- Rye bread stuffing
- Sweet potato latkes with silan sour cream and applesauce
South End, Boston
Think: topnotch neighborhood wine bar with seasonal, clean tastes.
Thanksgiving Day catering: meats and sides
- Whole rohan duck
- Chef's selection charcuterie board
- Spicy tomato soup
- Homemade cranberry sauce
South End, Boston
Think: southern food all grown up and living in the city.
Thanksgiving Day catering: meats, sides, breads, pies
- Full turkey
- Mac & cheese (I'm not into mac & cheese but there's is incredible)
- French onion yeast rolls
- Roasted root vegetables
Think: locally sourced, in season, upscale American catering.
Thanksgiving Day catering: sides and pie
- Potato gratin with caramelized leek & bacon
- Roasted carrots & fennel with garlic confit
- Roasted pumpkin soup with curried pumpkin seeds and chive creme fraiche
Think: the name says it all, homestyle delicious baked goods.
Thanksgiving Day catering: sides, stuffing, breads, breakfast, dessert
- Preserved cherry and cranberry chutney, ginger, orange
- Maple-chili wax beans, oyster mushrooms, candied almonds
- Fennel sausage stuffing, dried apricot, olive, roasted fennel, savory
- the Piefecta - pecan, pumpkin, brown sugar whipped cream
- Mile-high lemon meringue pie
- Double-crust apple pie
Images: Sofra Bakery & Cafe from CulinaryAgents.com, Mamaleh's Delicatessen from the Stopover, the Butcher Shop from the Butcher Shop, Southern Proper from UberEats, Season to Taste from Season to Taste, Flour Bakery from Boston Seaport